Terms & Conditions
We ask that you read this privacy notice carefully as it contains important information on who we are, how and why we collect, store, use and share personal information, your rights in relation to your personal information and on how to contact us and supervisory authorities in the event you have a complaint.
Who we are
Michelle Whitmore Art Gallery collects, uses and is responsible for certain personal information about you. When we do so we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation and we are responsible as the data controller of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
Our website address is: https://michellewhitmore.co.uk/art-gallery/
What personal information we collect and use
Information collected by us
In the course of our relationship with you we collect the following personal information when you provide it to us:
- Contact details that you provide to us, including name, telephone number, email address, postal address
- Notes on your interactions and conversations with us
- Notes on any orders or agreements that you establish with us
When you visit this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
How we use your personal information
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To contact you to highlight an event, artist updates and new releases that may be of interest to you
- For record-keeping
Who we share your personal information with
We store your data through our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platform, which is part of our internal system.
We will share personal information with law enforcement or other authorities if required by applicable law.
We guarantee that no other personal information will be disclosed to any third parties.
How long your personal information will be kept
- At a minimum, we will hold your personal data for a period of 7 years, as is required by current UK tax law (6 years plus the current year).
- Our maximum retention period is ten years from the date of your last purchase or three years from your date of registration with us if you have not made a purchase.
Reasons we can collect and use your personal information
We hold data if you have provided your information by completing an online form.
We rely on the legitimate interest as the lawful basis on which we collect and use your personal data.
What rights you have over your data
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have several important rights. In summary, those include rights to:
- Fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information
- Access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
- Require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- Require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
- Receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- Object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
- Object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- Object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
- Otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals’ rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights or would like to unsubscribe from any mailing list, please contact us with your request. It may take several working days for this to take place.
Keeping your personal information secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
Secure On-line Shopping
When a visitor makes a purchase, we collect the data sent in the sales form, name, email address, address, telephone number if provided and IP address.
We guarantee that no personal information will be disclosed to any third parties.
Michelle Whitmore Art Gallery does not hold any Credit/Debit card information. To ensure our customers conduct their transactions for the workshops in a secure environment in which to make online purchases, we have teamed up with PayPal to process all credit and debit card transactions. All transactions are processed on secure servers operated directly by PayPal.
How to complain
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner, who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or via telephone at 0303 123 1113.
Please note: We are not responsible for the data policies, procedures or content of any sites linked to Michelle Whitmore Art Gallery.
Please direct any queries regarding this policy and the information we hold for you to Michelle Whitmore Art Gallery OR Michelle Whitmore Art Gallery, 7 Day’s Close, Swindon, Wiltshire, SN3 4PQ.
Dated: 11th July 2018